The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm an edgy square kid!!!! 

Holy shit. I mean I'd long suspected it but Russell Brown has confirmed it.

I'm lacking the application for serious blogging, so I might as well comment on this morning's Big Day Out lineup announcement. It doesn't really do it for me but, then, I'm not exactly the target market.

I mean, Tool. There had better be something good on another stage when Tool are playing. Rarely has a band been better named than Tool. Lumbering, po-faced boys' music that lets squares kid themselves they're being edgy, that's what Tool is.
My favourite band outside Rage Against the Machine are Tool. Though I have found their work since Aenima to be not as good. So this seems like a good opportunity to talk about Tool. After all, it's this or else finish laying down decking timber.

Sure they might sound a bit weird and indeed singer Maynard James Keenan is weird, and they might think and act outside the circle but christ if I wanted my groups to sound like every other group because if they didn't then they must be try hards, well, I'd go into a record store and ask for groups that sound different but aren't trying to be. And that would probably draw blank stares similar to that English lass in her new video when she asks for some crossover break beat etc etc.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Tool concert at North Shore Events centre in 1997. I say fortunate because I have been to some fucking good concerts in my time but that ate all them other fuckers up and shat them out. I remember Mikey Havoc describing it the next day as "a total mindfuck" (a nice mindfuck that is).

Anyway, here is a link to a site where you can click on the dates down the left side which will take you to fan reviews of every single concert they have ever played.

It will end no other waaayyyyy!!!!!!!!

hooker with a penis
I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a
Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and
New tattoos that claimed that he
Was OGT,
From '92,
The first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

Comments:
Sorry dude - I was just being provocative. Although I did find someone who actually likes Muse, which was a turn-up for the books ...
 
I thought you might be hence I avoided an all out assault and threats to burn down your website which did enter my head for a few brief moments.

Never did get into Muse at all. When they first came out I thought they were radiohead ripoffs and attempting to be ultra cool but coming across as ultra pretentious.

Some groups can pull it off but others can just straight pull themselves off as far as I'm concerned.

I can't afford to go to the BDO this year (or probably forever for that matter) unless dad can sneak some tickets out of the ARC (which has been performed in the past). Although then I have to fight my sisters for them.
 
i was at that concert at the Nth Shore Event Centre... i remember saying to my mate as we walked down the road afterwards that i felt like i had been violated.... but that it was a enjoyable(however the hell that works)! What an intense, amazing, assault on the senses... and i wasn't on anything!

i was keen to go back to see them at BDO, but i'm just not sure i wouldn't be disappointed at a stadium gig compared to 97...
 
Yep, me and my mate left it thinking that nothing could ever top that and sure enough nothing has come close.

Not even RATM in Seoul a few years ago, or Korn or Chili Peppers or Linkin Park or Cypress Hill. All really enjoyable concerts but the Tool one kind of changed the way you looked and listened to music.

I've seen clips of At The Drive In live and their album relationship of command live might have been fucken good live but for all round package that Tool one took the cake. Long, intense, music played perfectly, visual, mood changing, it was a drug.
 
So you really like Tool, eh? :)
 
They're pretty average.

We have a stray dog roaming our place, leaping all over passersby and now the council are coming to collect it from our sun room. Hopefully before it shits everywhere. But this froma council that takes 10 minutes to answer its phone so they may be here by Monday.
 
Good luck with that. Tell them it illegally cut down a tree and dumped three old car batteries in the stream. Might encourage them to hurry up.

Or that it just bit local MP John Key, and may well be rabid.
 
Came and collected.

On local issues. I am pretty sure that the contractors that are subdividing up the road are releasing the water from their holding ponds when they damn well shouldn't be.

The other day the stream suddenly got noisy and its level rose rapidly on a clear sunny day. then today the water seemed higher than it should be and the colour looked distinctly like the colour of the soil from up at their site.

I tooka few snaps on the camera.

Next time the stream goes up the ARC will be getting a hot line call from me.

i expect it's because the fuckers don't want to pay for water trucks to remove it or whatever the hell they do with it.
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations