The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Celebrity Drug Scandal Shock Horror New Revelations 

After Toddy was sentenced for conspiring to buy cocaine, he launches a media offensive based on sorrow and contriteness. As did Marc Ellis after his conviction. And of course the poor bastards have no choice if they want to work and prosper in New Zealand again. But wouldn't it be great if just for once someone stood up to the prohibitionists and their media cheerleaders and said "The only drug crime is the crime of drugs being illegal. It's my body and I'll put what I want into it. It is no business of the State to tell me otherwise, or to threaten my liberties for consuming substances I want to consume. Taxpayer dollars should not be wasted prosecuting people for inhaling, injecting or ingesting those drugs which have arbitrarily been declared illegal."

Note this is not the same as saying that anti-social, dangerous, and/or violent behaviour associated with drug use (or anything else for that matter) is not a problem, and is not properly subject to criminal sanction. But if Toddy had sat at home, snorted a few lines (and of course I know it "wasn't for his own use"), watched some TV, passed out on the couch, whatever the fuck, who cares ... none of my business.

And this is the last thing I have to say on this petty incident, although of course others will continue to mouth off. So, yeah, everyone keep looking over their shoulders, because Detective Sergeant John Sowter from the Auckland Drug Squad is watching you.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations