The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Mad Butcher Stole my Pie!!! 

The Mad Butcher may be the greatest servant of rugby league in New Zealand's history.

He may also be giving away 60,000 sausages at David Lange's memorial service at Ericsson Stadium today.

BUT WHEN I WAS SITTING NEXT TO HIM AT CARLAW PARK, AGED ABOUT 8 HE TOOK MY PIE OFF ME AND ATE IT!!!!

He was with my father and I (notice correct grammar there), watching an Auckland club game when he simply removed it from my hand and ate it. I guess times must have been tough for the butcher back then, and my father did warn me that he was mad, but nonetheless, I can still remember looking up at his face and thinking "what the jimminy cricket just happened?!" (that was before I knew words like "fuck" and "cunt").

Maybe his beloved Mangere East were getting trounced by the mighty Te Atatu Roosters or something. I dunno.

Actually I wonder how many saussies will be left over to be munched on by what should be a big Warriors crowd to see Stacey off. Unfortunately despite having prime tickets I can't go because my best mate has decided to have his bloody 30th birthday tonight. But I'll be thinking of you Stacey, and that time when my team beat yours 14-12 (he got all 12 points for Pt Chev) in the Under 13s at Carlaw Park as curtainraiser to the Kangaroos v Auckland.

For the record a side featuring Mal Meninga, Michael O'Connor, Fattie Vautin, Greg Alexander and co went down 26-24 to a side made up of Auckland club players that night. Yeeehaaa!!! Can you imagine the Warriors (chosen from all of NZ and some of Australia) even coming close to competing even with the Kangaroos these days?

And last night the Tigers beat the Bulldogs in front of over 29,000 fans at Telstra Stadium. A record for a 'home' game for them. The records just keep on tumbling.


Comments:
You should go to the police and insist they press charges. Hell, they'll investigate motorcades and Nandor's smoking, so wtf. There's no statute of limitations on prosecution for criminal theft as I recall.

21 years later the butcher is going to pay. :)
 
Correct grammar would be "...with my father and myself..."
 
An opportunity to be a grammar pedant? Don't miiiind if I do!

If your father wasn't there, you'd say "He was with me", so in this case you say "He was with my father and me".
 
Oh, and nicking your pie? What a prick.
 
I'm embarrased, humbled and ah fuck it, what's for dinner?

How many feminists does it take to srcew in a light bulb?

None. Feminists can't change anything.

I'd like to 'thank' a year 10 student for telling the class that one.
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations