The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Monday, March 08, 2004

NZ Music on CNN 

New Zealand music is choice (wo)man.

Just finished watching a 30 minute feature on NZ music on CNN World (or Global or whatever the flunk).

Anyways, it was great to see NZ culture on the tellie here 5,000 miles away from home. I also managed to see clips of several videos I wasn't able to catch back home (since my family can't get C4 where we live).

King Kapisi, Scribe, Nesian Mystik, Che Fu, Neil Finn, Haley Westenra, Brooke Fraser (daughter of former All Black Bernie), Bic Runga, Salmonella Dub et al featured in one form or another with several being interviewed.

Got a nice warm glow going and there wasn't even much bourban mixed with my coke. Maybe it's also from the ice cubes which came straight out of the Kyeonggido domestic water supply (they can say all they want, but I am yet to find a Korean who drinks it).

Don't get me started on the Korean music scene though. They have some talented hip hop and rock acts that are right up there with much of what we have in NZ but the stuff that passes for music here, overwhelming the mainstream is the most turgid bollocks you could ever have the misfortune to listen to.

Actually I will get started on Korean music sometime just to prove I am balanced with my views on it.

Take Popstars and multiply it by 100 and that is more or less what we are dealing with 24/7 here. Perhaps once a day of channel surfing you will catch a song with any artistic merit (though taste is individual of course, a Korean song that sounds like s**t to me might sound like complete and utter damn s**t to you).

Until then lets just both go our separate ways shall we? HEY, just keep walking buddy! That's it...got my eye on you...

bloggingitreal@yahoo.com

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations