The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Yeeeehaaaa!!!! 

Bugger me sideways, Ireland beat England at Twickenham and the entire rugby world (outside England) cheers.

Guess I should have gone to my local afterall. Although that was a pretty massive upset. Considering England had won 22 straight at home and if you think that the All Blacks have never lost to Ireland and England are currently better than the All Blacks it was definately a result out of left field. I guess you can see how important Martin Johnson and Jonny Wilkinson are to their team.

The English lineout was woeful, reminding me of another international team. And their ball-handling was terrible at crucial moments. Well done to the Irish lads though. They looked hungry with the ball and actually showed some skill and did the business on defense. O'Driscoll was rubbish and O'Gara was brilliant. What's that all about?!

Meanwhile in NZ the Chiefs upset the Blues at Eden Park. Out of all the NZ teams I don't mind losing to the Chiefs because they have been so rubbish for so long and it's hard to see why when their NPC team is generally so strong year in and year out. Though why did a guy from my Waitemata club (Sione Lauaki) in Auckland have to score the winning try? My father has seen a lot of him at the club and predicts him to be a future All Black. You heard it here first. Well, unless you heard it from my father earlier.

Oh, and big props to the NZ cricket team for thrashing the Africaners 5-1. After watching us lose to them in the first game I thought we might get walloped but the wheels fell off the Proteas big time and the battle of the mind games went our way.

I know Scott Styris was complaining that the team doesn't get enough respect from the public which is true in many ways. Especially considering we used to get bigger crowds when the team wasn't as good. I think that is as much to do with heavy handed security at the venues though as it is to do with a lack of support. The terraces at Eden Park are a much tamer (and emptier) place these days and I'm not sure why they have to be since it's all yobbos beating themselves up in there and the families are in the other stands watching in amusement.

And I almost forgot to mention. It's been a little snowy in Korea in the last few days. Forced us to cancel our footie game on Sunday since the pitch was covered in 3 inches of crushed snow and ice.

anyway, anybody reading this? Give us an email and prove it!
bloggingitreal@yahoo.com

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations