The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Media Blackout 

Well, I'm just back from Arizona, where I escaped the incessant rain and grey clouds of Vancouver. We flew over the Grand Canyon, which was an impressive sight indeed, before heading to our destination: the city of Yuma. It's a long way from the Canyon, but very close to the Mexican border. A day trip to Algodones, BC (Baja California) was in order, and we re-engaged with all the colours and sounds of a Mexican "tourist town". Did the usual bartering and had a blast.

Anyway, during my 8 days away I was in a semi self-imposed media blackout (my exposure to the world of TV, radio, newspaper and the internet being limited to local weather forecasts and a few minutes email). It's interesting how it's so possible to live without any real knowledge of what's happening in the outside world, even in the US. I still have no idea how the Primaries are going, whether John Kerry is still on track, whether Howard Dean pulled out of the race, etc. I had a sneaking suspicion that Tony Blair would be forced to resign, but that doesn't appear to have happened. How could someone with such promise have gone so wrong? And, on an issue of similar gravitas, I wasn't following the triumphs of the NZ Cricket team. Stay tuned for some statistical analysis, courtesy of the great record keeping of Cricinfo.

Well, I need to tune into the world again. And recruit a third contributor!

bloggingitreal@yahoo.com

Comments:
Our website are the reliable wow gold and wow power leveling and wow gold
Our website are the reliable wow gold and wow power leveling and wow gold
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations