The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Sunday, March 07, 2004

I told you so 

Here's what I wrote a couple of weeks ago...

"The anecdotal evidence suggests that they are being favoured in areas of health and unemployment over and above other sick and unemployed people (yes that comes directly from my mother who works at Work and Income). To me that kind of favouritism is wrong. An out of work (insert race here) is just as deserving of help as a Maori in my opinion."

and now the truth comes out... or some of it mixed with maybe a few 'non-truths', and then some more here.

Now if Sione Luauki would just become an All Black I could trust my parents more often.

If I happened to be an unemployed white man or woman, or teenager or whatever, then how would I feel after finding that out. I assume that not every Work and Income in NZ has adopted such a reward scheme but there must be some others.

People are now going to be walking through those doors and setting alarms off because of the colour of their skins.

Trying extra hard to place a Maori or Pacific Islander in employment is one thing, but actually rewarding people for doing it (thus indirectly telling them to not put so much effort into other races) is just plain crap in my opinion.

Whatever way you look at it it negatively impacts on other races. As far as I am aware Work and Income hasn't taken on a lot of extra staff to help this initiative. They are simply telling those they have got to focus more on one group and as result (naturally) less on other groups.

And whether true or not, it is going to result in much more of this.

Human nature baby.

And this comes from a bleeding heart liberal.

bloggingitreal@yahoo.com

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations