The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Monday, February 23, 2004

The Great Debate Race, I mean Race Mass Debate

I mean to enter the 'race argument' in NZ at some stage but it's a bit hard when Russell Brown writes as comprehensively and as well as he does here...

In my opinion the government needs to do more to educate NZers as to what 'special' treatment Maori are getting (if indeed any) and why. Let's face it, people are dumb and always feel as though they are getting shafted even when they're not.

The anecdotal evidence suggests that they are being favoured in areas of health and unemployment over and above other sick and unemployed people (yes that comes directly from my mother who works at Income and Support). To me that kind of favouritism is wrong. An out of work (insert race here) is just as deserving of help as a Maori in my opinion.

Obviously the issues regarding cultural preservation, education etc are somewhat different and I have no qualms with money and resources being pumped there. I get a kick out of seeing 'Maori culture' thriving as much as anybody and in many respects it's part of me as well even if I don't have an ounce of Maori blood.

I just don't feel that others should be disadvantaged that's basically it. Right time to move along perhaps.

bloggingitreal@yahoo.com

Comments:
Our website are the reliable wow gold and wow power leveling and wow gold
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations