The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Me, well I'm off to Korea tomorrow at the arse crack of dawn (that means in that dark space shortly before the rising ball of flame). To change topic wildly I whacked, stroked, flumped and scratched my way around The Grange this afternoon and fired a 398 over par round of 112. Not quite sure why I am keeping score if I'm going to perform like that. Still, acceptable for my third ever round of golf after no training whatsoever.

This will be my last blog from NZ for a good ten months. You'll be in for an odd ride with me during my last teaching stint in Korea I can assure you. Can't wait huh?! Oh...you can. Well then f-off.

Weather Report: Auckland has now had 129mm in Feb (70mm average) and it rained more last night and today. Still it could be worse, it could be a New Plymouth summer where they have had 221mm and basically had half the area down there fall into rivers. Kind of reminds me of that TOOL song where Maynard James Keenan sings about an earthquake on the western sea board of America thus causing California across to Arizona falling into the Pacific Ocean, except that it doesn't remind me of that at all.

Don't worry, I have a 12 hour flight to actually plot what I want to say here for the next wee while. The Maori 'priveleges' issue is obviously fresh in NZ so I'll probably chip in with my fence sitting 10 cents worth....and....NZ dicked the Afrikaners tonight which was nice after a bit of smack talk from the green robots. And I heard Brian Waddle call Shoaib Ahktar, 'Shoaib Chucktar' (got his first name wrong didn't I?). My god, and here was me thinking that Waddle and Ian Smith were competing to see who could win the most whiny, negative "why do they have to play music during the games and let the crowd have fun" bastard of the year award. Well, looks like Smithy's got the front running now.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations