The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Nice weather for ... err, South Islanders? 

Fuck. The last six months of weather have been absolute crap. First the coldest June in about 40 years (probably 140 if you ask me). I distinctly recall one afternoon - Friday 23rd - when it felt remarkably close to snow in downtown Auckland. The fun continued through a chilly July, August and September (barring a very short window of great weather at the end of the latter) before the wind picked up for, oh, 3 months. Three freakin' months of relentless, cold (sometimes biting) southwesterlies. Delightful.

And then "summer". Cool. Cloudy. Windy. I've counted precisely three days that could truly be counted as summery thus far. And now today - raining and muggy. Lest anyone think I'm complaining, has anyone been bitten by a mosquito in Auckland thus far this summer? No, didn't think so. I rest my case.

Now, another Black Caps game today after which I hope to find some time to post some stats on recent performances of our batsmen in particular. It will be interesting to see if Craig McMillan can capitalize on a rather steadfast outing last time, or will capitulate for his typical 2, 5 or 11 runs.

And I have vowed to totally revamp our template here at BIR, which has remained basically unchanged for over 2 years.

So lots still to do, as well as full-time paid employment. It sure has been quiet around here with dc_red and bennyasena too busy working, yamis too busy on international vacation, and bobert missing presumed drunk in a central american jungle.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Where have the pictures of Tossers of our Times, and the semi-naked women gone?

Not complaining, just feel lost!

Rgds, Leg Break; Sportsfreak
 
was wondering the same thing myself
 
Don't worry, their absence is only temporary (I hope). Thanks for the feedback though, I may go back to the original template and try and rework it in new ways rather than battle any longer with this new one.
 
Out of interest dc_red, did the re-skin take long?


Leg Break
 
The original template was one with three columns which took a bloody long time to get right. I think without having separate columns we can't put pictures in. All the templates that blogger.com provide are one or two columns so I had days of tinkering to get it right three years ago.

The blogger.com ones look nice but don't allow you to use the full screen which sucks.
 
LB - it probably took about an hour until I gave up in frustration over the columns issue Yamis is talking about. So yeah, back to ye olde three column special soon I think
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations