The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Can You Speak Korean? 

Well know, but I can read a bit.

Fucking computer in the pc room in Anyang is displaying everything in blogger.com in Korean so I am having to draw on my extensive knowledge of the Korean language to bring you this piss arse post.

Been back for nearly a week and its been cool so far. Out boozing with friends (who are still in Korea years later) and with my brother in laws who were trying to see how much soju they could get down me (not much, 4 shots I think, I'll stick to beer thanks).

In the news here the mayor of Anyang who came to my wedding has been sentenced to two years in prison for accepting bribes. He probably needed to so he could pay for our wedding 'donation'. As I was discussing with bluebeard on the phone today, there are two types of politician in Korea. Ones who have been caught for accepting backhanders and ones who haven't been found out yet. Either way, everyone of these SOBs is working the job two ways at the same time.

The weather has been alright. Snowed one day lightly but the temps haven't been so bad that I haven't been able to ride my bike along the glorious Anyang stream (picture what a large open drain would look like leaving the chernobyl site). I think we had a high today of 1 degree. Overnight lows of around -5. If you spit on the ground you would be confident of finding it again a week later put it that way. Boy does my arse hurt from the bike seat. I had to ride standing up most of the 15 kms home today. The bike lane goes all the way to Seoul but I don't think my arse will get me that far and back. I'm tossing up whether or not to try riding there next week and then getting the subway home. I'll keep you posted.

Not much else happening here. North Korea still haven't invaded. Been 57 years now.

right, I'll leave you to it.

Jal Ga Chingu dil

Comments:
When are you back Yamis?



LB
 
January the 24th. Why? Are you going to burgle my house?
 
I did that last week!

I was more wondering when you're getting called up for the NZ Cricket team / Breakers.



LB
 
Yamis - walked past your house the other night. Looked fine. No sign of anyone answering to "LB".
 
That's becuase I couldn't hear you over the noise of running water dc.

P labs are bloody noisy, you know.
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations