The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Saturday, May 08, 2004

OK flag the City v Country match altogether 

I went to the NRL website tonight to see what happened with the game and the score is there (City 22 Country 18 [it turns out the score was the other way round but when you put 22 next to the City logo and 18 next to the Country logo like the website did it can be a bit misleading]) but the lead story is about how Ali Lauitiiti's destination is still unknown. Shows how important the game is doesn't it?!

So maybe it would be a better idea to simply pick the teams straight from the NRL, I mean afterall Queensland doesn't have the advantage of a trial match at the moment, and never has I think.

I'm tinkering with my fantasy season program you see.

So we have a four weekend break while the Origin Series is played out plus the other games I mentioned in my last blog. Then you have a one off test match between NZ and Aussie. We wouldn't get "ambushed" like we did last time because we could have had our own 'Origin Series' alongside the aussie one.

Imagine the intensity in the test. IT WOULD BE HUGE!!!!!!!!

Then post season the two teams meet twice in the country not used in the one off test to decide the winner of the 'three match series'.

Cut the NRL regular season down by 6-8 games (the season is too long and meaningless to me, kind of like basketball and baseball in the US, I just sit around waiting for the playoffs all year). Then after this slightly shorter year is finished we can have a good end of season tour by Great Britain or we go there. It would also allow opportunites for PNG and France to play full test matches or development tours for younger guys in NZ and Australia to fledgling countries like Russia and the USA.

More on those countries later...

and that's right. New Zealand is in England to play some cricket. If the rain would stop that is.

My money is on a drawn test series. Though I see the British press are claiming their side doesn't have a hope in the next world cup (still 2 years away!).

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations