The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Yay, let's fry his gonads! 

Shouldn't these prats know better?

One of the reasons that the US touted for toppling Saddam Hussein was that he was an evil leader who tortured his own citizens. Now we see that several US soldiers (who knows just how many have actually been involved) tortured Iraqi prisoners in November and December of last year.

In March, US officials revealed that six soldiers faced courts martial for possible violations of the rights of Iraqi prisoners they had been guarding. But at the time, they offered few details.

Following the airing of the photographs, they now admit that the affair has become even more far-reaching. In addition to the criminal charges against the six, all military police belonging to the 800th Brigade, investigators have recommended disciplinary action against seven US officers who helped run the prison, including Brigadier General Jancie Karpinski, the commander of the 800th Brigade.


You can bet your bottom dollar this is far, far more widespread than even their investigations will admit to at their conclusion. In Korea there are 37,000 US troops stationed here. I've met a few of them over the years and while some of them are straight up guys, many of them are your typical red neck, buttfuck, who would like nothing more to hurt somebody ... anybody!

Sergeant Chip Frederick, who plans to plead innocent, asserted that he and his colleagues had had no proper guidance from commanders on how to treat the prisoners. Nor, he said, had they been given access to provisions of the Geneva Convention on the proper treatment of prisoners.

"We had no support, no training whatsoever, and I kept asking my chain of command for certain things, rules and regulations, and it just wasn't happening," Sgt. Frederick said.


Yeah right. And because nobody has ever told me what I can and can't do in an old folks home I'm probably going to thrash the living daylights out of everybody there and chain them to the walls (should I ever go to one).

In other news I had a fitful nap thankyou very much and am now almost ready to think about getting ready to go out boozing. Last night I had soccer training until 11pm and then drank until 3:30am but woke up at 11am feeling like I should be able to struggle through 4 afternoon classes without much trouble.

Line of the day, and possibly the year came from one of my 2nd grade kids in class today. I was going through some "I like" drills. I said "I like riding my scooter". He misheard and shouted out "I like riding my sister". I couldn't stop giggling after that.

Other than that all I can say is the drains in my basement apartment are making it smell disgusting and there's nothing to eat.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations