The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Thursday, September 29, 2005

One of Those Nothing to Say Blogs 

By god it's been ages since I posted on absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Well what have I been up to in my private life I hear you ask (or you were about to c'mon!)???

Well not much really. I haven't washed for about 5 days but I'm on holiday so fuck it. And my wife is only just showering for the first time in 5 days as we speak so she could hardly complain. We were off for a few days in Tongariro National Park cruising around in the drizzle and if that cat meows one more fucking time I'll... go and check that it hasn't caught another Monarch Butterfly! I managed to save the first one but the second had too many holes in its wings and the defibrolater just set it on fire.

Excuse me while I... that's right, the Park. Well highlight would have to have been the 'confidence course' that I did just north of Taupo on the way home. First requirment was to walk along a log which was about 12 metres off the ground to the far end and then walk backwards.

But that was the easy one. The next was to climb to the top of an upright log about 14 metres high, somehow position myself standing on top of it and then leap off it to catch a trapeeze. I managed to achieve this (fear gave me wings as well as soiled underwear).

And then for my third and final idiotic, how did I get myself into this stunt I climbed up another pole even higher (about 16+ metres) to drop off into an enormous swing. I thought the more I think about this the less chance there is that I'll do it so basically jumped as soon as I was hooked up.

After plummeting 7 and a half metres before the rope took the slack I was thinking "I'm never, ever, ever doing anything like this again". But fuck, I'm just about dumb enough to do it again one day so who knows. Especially after a guy on the ground told me he went bunji jumping for his 50th birthday and a grandmother described in detail her experience jumping out of a plane "with a man strapped to her back" as she put it.

Right, Tigers to win the grand final this weekend and my duty free rum my parents bought from their trip to Seeedney (where they saw the Tigers flog the chokos, I mean Broncos) to not last too many more episodes of my Sopranos dvd viewings.

And how shit were the Eels and the Dragons? muhahaha

And do you think it would be in the NZ Herald if they found out that all of us posterers at BIR had "smoked" some o'that bad shit?

Hell if they think that's cool they should try spotting it off a kitchen stove with the wedding knives through a makeshift plastic bottle bong.

They should just stick to this kind of shit which is way more concerning.

Comments:
Nzer,

Where do you stand on the "It's a waste of time trying to get the Asians to play rugby" debate; therefore Japan shouldn't host the RWC?
 
rugby will never be that big in Asia for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, soccer is way, way bigger and actually on the improve and increase in terms of playing numbers, quality and investment in facilities.

Secondly, Asians lack the physical size. As an example look at the explosion in the number of polynesian players dominating both oval ball codes in NZ. Asians are smaller than whites a couple of times over.

And for good measure take a look at where the 94 soccer world cup was hosted.

Sure the US may have a solid team but in terms of interest the average person in the states really couldn't give a fuck.

Asia has an absolutely shit climate for rugby. Fucking hot in summer and sub zero for months in a row in Korea, Japan and much of China, while further south its just plain fucking hot all year round.

Rock, hard dirt and gravel fields at schools and in public parks. You would be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop and maintain decent grass pitches each year.

You cannot compare it to soccer either, the way people go on about tin cans in dirt streets in rio de janiero doesn't wash because rugby requires a huge set of skills beyond kicking a ball when it's on the ground which need to be worked on and developed for years on decent training grounds.

in short it would be fun for a load of japanese people top go watch the world cup and it would increase player numbers for a while and it would probably make more money than if it was in NZ but long term wise people in Korea, China and elsewhere couldn't give a fuck if it was in Japan. It's like NZ celebrating the last world cup being in Oceania.
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations