The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Saturday, June 05, 2004

OK OK, I was wrong 

Well good on Michael Papps and Stephen Fleming for proving me wrong and actually making an impression on the scoreboard: 86 for the former, and 97 for the latter.

In defence of Yamis and myself, it does appear that Fleming found a new way to get himself out with the fall-over on-drive. Here's the description from cricinfo:

Fleming drove Harmison and Matthew Hoggard to go to the 90s, but, when just three short of what would have been a seventh Test century, he perished. Attempting to clip Harmison through mid-on, Fleming got a leading edge and spooned the ball to Michael Vaughan at a wide mid-off (215 for 3).

Anyway, good on the team for making it to 351/6, and if I was an English bowler I wouldn't be sleeping too easy tonight, facing the prospect of bowling to Cairns tomorrow. Cairns is nicely poised on 41 off 53 deliveries, and the smart money will be on him adding to his world record number of 6s in the morning.

Having said that, he'll probably be dismissed in the first over of play.

Comments:
Yep, I jinxed Cairns:

Harmison struck in the second over of the morning when Chris Cairns tamely guided a lifting ball to Strauss at point for no further score to his overnight 41.

I'm doing quite well with my predictions in this test.
 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations