The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Thursday, June 03, 2004

On a Lighter Note.... 

Well, okay, it's about soccer, which is either a lighter note or a completely alien screech depending on your sporting affiliations......anyway:

Chelsea have got Jose Mourinho, and it appears he is at least going to add a bit of spark to what has been a terribly boring Premiership over the past season or two. Ferguson seems to be too tied up fighting over racehorses and figuring out why 90% of his most recent signings suck to keep up his masterclass of condescending comments, and Arsene Wenger hasn't needed to trot out his usual blinkered views of games, seeing as Arsenal have been winning everything anyway. Now that Gerard "The wind didn't favor us last night" Houllier has gone, the crop of Premiership managers looked to be a dull crop indeed ("Ooh, get out of here Curbishley, you cad"), but along comes the guy from Porto, with a title to wave in everyone's face:

"Please don't call me arrogant because what I'm saying is true. I'm European champion, so I'm not one of the bottle. I think I'm a special one."

Excellent. A little bit of arrogance is what I like to hear while I'm trawling through articles about Patrick Viera's new kitchen and Owen Hargreaves quasi-mullet. Now all we need is for Chelsea to fall flat on their face, and next season promises to be worth watching after all.

I guess I should say a word or two about my team, Liverpool, but there is not much to say at the moment. Benitez appears to be on his way - his resemblance to Houllier is a bit too strong for my liking; I guess the board are as frightened of change as the time it takes to sack underperforming managers would suggest - but nothing is signed yet. And with no manager in place, there's no player activity either, at least in the form of new arrivals. So I'm left twiddling my thumbs, feigning interest in the New Zealand cricket team (I don't care what anyone says, it's just NOT THE SAME living in Korea; I guess NZ's insular little society does serve a purpose after all - keeping us entralled by men in white chasing a piece of cow painted red [I jest, i jest])

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations