The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

It doesn't get any worse than this 

It's 9:02am, I have eight classes today starting at 10am and finishing at 8pm. I got four hours sleep last night and need to leave in 20 minutes and I've had no breakfast and still have to shower ...

and then George 'lean on the lecturn to look cool' Bush has come on CNN to talk to a bunch of morons at the Army College who would probably make Bush seem almost smart.

Regrading the SST, it's straight to the sport section for me. The letters were always a laugh though. I found one that forced me to reply one year because some old git was complaining about all the immoral thugs in Rugby League (note he was specifically targeting league arguing that it was the worst sport for that type of thing) (as though they are any different to those playing Rugby Union or any other sport or working anywhere for that matter).

My personal favorite was that racist sports radio host a while back (forgot his name). He made all sorts of derogatory comments one afternoon about the Warriors that almost had me choking on my own saliva. I wonder if anything did come of that letter I sent to the broadcasting standards authority? It was the guy that used to be on with 'Doug do lightly' or however you say his name. He was a classic example of an ignorant kiwi who would say something along the lines of "I'm not racist but those darkies sure fall apart when the pressure comes on".

[adding to this, dc_red kindly sent me an email he had saved which I sent to him before we got this site up and running. Here's what I wrote:
Speaking of the herald there was a hilarious letter to it yesterday. The guy started it by saying "I'm not racist but New Zealand is being overrun by Pakeha" They stand on street corners not mixing with non-pakeha (if they're so unwilling to adopt our culture why didn't they stay in England). Some got caught up a mountain and had to be rescued using tax payers money, there were articles about how one got caught embezzling money and how they are all moving to the beach and pushing house prices up. And a friend got in a taxi the other day with a pakeha driver who couldn't even speak a word of Maori...

I remember that my father knew who the guy was who wrote it but I forget now. Classic writing though all the same]


oops, Bushie just got his first round of applause. I wonder if there's a guy standing there with an applause sign because I doubt most of the audience can understand a word he says.

and fuck it I've gotta go earn some bucks to pay for my mortgage ...

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations