The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Dumb Luck 

A headline alluding to the close encounter between Canterbury Bulldogs versus Manly Sea Eagles on nrl.com's website reads "Bulldogs get out of jail against Manly": oh it must be a sub-editors dream come true. I had another fantastic week of picks nailing 6 out of 7 games on the tipping chart only missing the Rabbitohs match when they went down to the overrated Paramatta Eels.

Betting wise things were even better, I filled out a betting form intending to place $10 on Timana Tahu from Newcastle to score the first try of the match against the warriors at $14. However I chose the wrong event no. on the slip and backed him at $2.15 to score a try - the warriors scored first so I would have lost the bet and then with 60 secs to go the warriors took a short kickoff and Tahu grabbed it ran 55 metres and I had double my money. I know, I know $2.15 are shit odds but still better than a kick in the teeth.

I backed Newcastle for purely financial reasons and wouldn't have been sad to see them lose, but when the TAB is offering $4.20 on a match that could go either way you've gotta have a punt. Ditto the Nth Queensland Cowboys who accounted for the Cronulla Sharks at $2.70.

Whats more there was an open gate at the ground so my amigo's and I - after having consumed some hastily made but extremely tasty c class muffins - took the oppurtunity and bailed into the ground for free. (Sorry Eric Watson) But it makes up for you pricks not getting us into the ground during the first match. Same thing happened with the Eels match yesterday apparently - 12,000 odd fans missing out on the action.

Talkback yesterday was rife with criticism of the part Stacey Jones played in the Warrior's loss - too old, too old - they cried. In my opinion thats bullshit. Its hard for stacey to be at his attacking best when they are playing 80% of the match within 20m of their own try line... Ali Lauititi however, should be dropped to Bartercard Cup as a wake up call. Losing Logan Swan is proving to be a major blow, the foward pack are not the force they once were.

Broncos versus Cowboys this week should be a blinder with the Cowboys raging to have a crack at them, bring it on...

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations