The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mediocrity in the national character 

The waterfront stadium proposal has bought the whiners and naysayers out of whatever provinvial closets they were hiding in, that's for sure. For the record, I agree with Yamis, whose observations prompted me to realize that I too have always driven immediately to/from Eden Park, without stopping to do anything in the local area. They can use a metaphorical fleet of bulldozers to push those used cars off the wharf tomorrow from my perspective.

Russell Brown uses the word mediocrity in his post today, which reminded me of what I had to say on a similar theme earlier this year. Seems apropo. Why is our first response so often: "oh we couldn't possibly do that (on time/on budget/in a way that wouldn't fall over) in this country"?

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations