The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Friday, November 24, 2006

John Who? 

It's just striking me, and probably quite a few others, that despite my general interest in New Zealand politics, I know absolutely nothing about John Key. I've never seen him in person, or on tv for more than 5 seconds, and can't recall ever hearing him say anything of note. I couldn't tell you his views on any issue of note, except that he favours lower taxes (and this is something of a no-brainer, given it could be said for every National MP).

What makes this situation slightly more curious is that he is actually my local MP (and Yamis'). Quite why a portion of lower middle class suburban Massey is included in the Hellensville electorate is anyone's guess.

I do recall hearing that he doesn't live in, or near, his electorate though ... someone told me he has a mansion with its own vineyard in Remuera. But I can't even vouch for that.

Thankfully, David Slack offers some insight into the next leader of the opposition.

I know Russell Brown has some time for the guy, but I wonder if that's because he looks like an urban liberal. When he's not wearing that godawful tux at least.


Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations