The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Classic Spin 

Rebel National MP Brian Connell has just issued a joint press release with leader Don Brash apologising for the comments he made last week in the Ashburton Guardian:
Rakaia MP Brian Connell has apologised to the National Party caucus, and to party leader Don Brash, for comments made over recent weeks which have been seen as critical of the leader and the party....

Mr Connell says he deeply regrets the way his comments were interpreted.
Hahaha, Brian "deeply regrets the way his comments were interpreted".

Now let's have little lookie at what Brian actually wrote then shall we?

Some exerts include:
I would have liked bigger portfolios and a higher ranking based on my ability, rather than the leader slapping me around because I’m outspoken.

That I am a member of the National Party is absolutely irrelevant to me when I conduct my duties, or form a view. Sometimes - okay, lots of times - this brings me into conflict with the party bosses in Wellington who think my first loyalty is to them. We shall continue to disagree."
Way to tow the party line Brian - then you also wrote that being told you were too outspoken was "a big rat to swallow, especially with the announcement of a PC eradication portfolio".

Speaking of big rats to swallow, just how did you want people to interpret your comments Brian?

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations