The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Monday, October 18, 2004

Fuck you i won't do what you tell me 

We've all heard about the human rights abuses at Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad, but now these shocking revelations about "torture" at Guantanamo Bay have been revealed in the New York Times:

"... the procedure of shackling prisoners to the floor in a state of undress while playing loud music - the Guantánamo sources said it included the bands Limp Bizkit and Rage Against the Machine, and the rapper Eminem - and lights [strobe] clearly constituted torture.

"I don't think there's any question that treatment of that character satisfies the severe pain and suffering requirement, be it physical or mental, that is provided for in the Convention Against Torture."

Fuck, I've paid hard-earned money to have Rage Against The Machine and Eminem blasted into my ears; strobe lights don't bother me either, Limp Biskit however....

Ironic though isn't it that RAGE, campaigners for democracy and social justice, get used in this means?

I wouldn't have thought the ol "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" lyrics would have encouraged co-operation by the suspects though?

Twenty minutes of that show "Everybody loves Raymond" would be enough for me to spill the beans on anything and I mean anything.

Now more importantly, the league. 16-all with outstanding performances from David Kidwell, big Sonny Bill Williams...made all the more enjoyable by the car boot party we had outside the stadium.

Just out of interest which of these two articles, one and two sheds more light on the game?

I can't help but feel the Sunday Star Times neglects league reporting in favour of its mindnumbingly endless rugby coverage.

The weekend of the Grand Final was a case in point.

After 15 pages of rugby division one, two and three game results, brewry disputes, profiles on the Gear-bros and even up-coming tennis stars there was finally some decent Grand Final league coverage.

Fuck, there were even articles on league hairdo's closer to the front of the sport's section than the GF preview.

I guess in its defence the SST could at least claim its sister publication, Sunday News,focuses more intently upon the superior code.



Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations