The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Dear John 

Memo
From: dc_red
To: Senator John Kerry

Dear John,

I am writing to offer my personal assistance in crafting an ad to respond to the lying, deceitful efforts of the grossly misnamed Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Campaign, which has so damaged your reputation and election prospects.

I estimate my costs to be about $100. I will need: one Bush mask, one Cheney mask, two chicken suits, and a camcorder. I will play Bush, the slightly chunkier Bennyasena can play Cheney, and we'll cluck around trying to find ways to get out of Vietnam.

All you need to do is get some of your allies to pay for this fine piece of advertising to be broadcast frequently on primetime TV. I am sure a man of your talents can manage that.

ENDS

I guess what I am getting at is the same thing captured perfectly in this Tom Tomorrow Cartoon.

An essentially unrelated point I'd like to make is that the right in New Zealand (especially Act & United Future) has been portraying 'liberal' opposition to Tamaki and his blackshirts as intolerant and even fascist (take a bow, Stephen "Blow Hard" Franks). Well, as numerous commentators have observed, it's no more than a case of countering free speech with more free speech, in the classical liberal model: see Hardnews, Grey Shade, and BlogInMouth. Like Greyshade (under " Peter Dunne, David Irving and Brian Tamaki") I haven't heard anyone suggest Destiny shouldn't have been allowed to march, although it would have been interesting for the police to "rough 'em up, and deny 'em any rights", New York style. Oh hang on, we reserve that kind of treatment for wayward pedestrians and anyone to the left of Newt Gingrich.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations