The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Lambs to the Slaughter? 

Hope no-one followed my advice and bet their lives on the Canberra Raiders to beat the Cronulla Sharks last week although I see on the nrl.com site that only 7% of all tipsters picked Brett rat-face Kimmorley and his bunch of merry men to win.

Well anyway if ya did I reckon ask the Big Guy for double or nothing on the Raiders to beat the Knights on Saturday...or if he'll let ya take it back the Bulldogs against the Rabbitohs.

Aussie Prime Minister John (loser) Howard is languishing on 23 points in the nrl tipping comp so far - the worst of all celebrity tippers.

The editor of Australia's Big League has said this is the worst Kiwi team picked in recent years and for nzers watching the game it will be like watching a car crash. Despite this I'd be surprised if the TAB were offering more than $3 for the Kiwis when really fair odds would be in the vicinity of $5.

Then again, Frank Endacott said this morning on Radio Sport he thinks on paper its about 50/50 and the only amazingly gifted played the Aussies have is Darren Lockyer.

Stacey Jones has voluntarily pulled out of the match and the rumour mill is suggesting he may be heading for the hills or England anyway. Interestingly the guy that Reuben Wiki hit high has come out in his defence writing a letter saying the initial contact was a shoulder height but then slipped up...the Kiwi's really need him.

Penrith last weekend were dreadful in their game against the Dragons - the number of dropped balls and comical mistakes were almost laughable had it not been for the fact that their loss means I'm working for free for most of this week.

I saw the most famous person I've ever seen at the end of last week: David Tua - I'm excluding Marilyn Manson and the Cranberries as they're now oh so lame - I walked into a Ponsonby cafe and there he was. To tell you the truth I would not have recognised him had it not been for the TUA MAN four wheel drive outside.

Anyways he avoided eye contact with me which was just as well since I would have felt compelled to pay for his coffee had he done so.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations