The Lineup
B.I.R. Column Of Fame
Man of Steel... Wood... and Mud: Bear Grylls
Rock Legend: Tom Morello

League Gods: The Emperor and Alfie

Str-8 Shoota: Malcolm X

Str-8 Shoota: Zack de la Rocha

Super Bad mofo's

Comrade Hillary

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Restrictive Marriage Policies 

I was reading over who NZers can't marry.

Here's the list:
You may not marry your ...
grandmother, grandfather, sister, brother, grandfather's wife, grandmother's husband, son's daughter, daughter's son, husband's grandfather, father's sister, son's son's wife, father's brother, son's daughter's husband, mother's sister, daughter's son's wife, mother's brother, daughter's daughter's husband, mother, wife's son's daughter, father, husband's son's son, stepmother, wife's daughter's daughter, stepfather, husband's daughter's son, wife's mother, brother's daughter, husband's father, brother's son, daughter, sister's daughter, son, sister's son, wife's daughter, husband's son, son's wife, and you daughter's husband.

It doesn't say anything about dating and marrying your students but even that is a no-no at both universities and primary schools.

I can't believe how harsh those restrictions are. I mean that list encompasses just about everybody I know well. Are they saying I have to meet and marry a total stranger?

Lucky for me my Korean fiance doesn't fall under any of those 'categories'. I suppose I should check but as there is currently no Korean blood in our family she's probably not related to me. We can never be too sure in this global world though can we?! I'd better get a private eye following her right away.

Also apparently it is quite ok for you to marry your doctor's brother's daughter.

Ridiculous double standards. I mean how are you going to even meet this person in the first place?

Then if you ever do meet them just make sure that you know what you're supposed to do.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The New
Blogging it Real supports the following sporting organisations